Take the pledge and #ditchtheskip

The amount of bulky waste is increasing every year and businesses need to act.

We are encouraging businesses, large organisations and universities to re-think about how they dispose of unwanted office furniture.

Every year over 800,000 desks end up in landfill in the UK alone, Costing businesses approximately £9 Million and producing around 8,000 tonnes of waste

Will you help us to help local communities?

CT Furniture want to help divert as much furniture from landfill as possible and put your unwanted items back into use. Helping local community groups, Business start ups, Schools and businesses looking to expand

As a business operating in the United Kingdom, you can pledge to send your unwanted office furniture to CT Furniture and  #ditchtheskip.

Our professional, trained staff and volunteers will take single items to full office clearances; making it easier than ever to get your office cleared out with ease. We offer a nationwide service and take care of it all.

If you pledge to donate your items to CT Furniture instead of the skip, you will:

  • Save money
  • Help the environment
  • Help our volunteers gain valuable experience that can lead to employment and a boost their confidence
  • Have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping other organisations within the local community access affordable quality furniture.

TAKE THE PLEDGE

Need more convincing? – take a look at the stats below:

Office desks

Approximately 200,000 desks (ca 5000 tonnes) are reused in some way in the UK every year; representing is about 14% of desks reaching the end of their life each year. The remainder goes to landfill.

Current levels of reuse of desks avoid 3,600 tonnes of CO2-eq per year.

Office chairs

Approximately 295,000 office chairs (3,500 tonnes) are reused in some form in the UK every year; representing 14% of all office chairs reaching the end of their life each year. The remaining 86% goes to landfill.

Current levels of reuse of office chairs avoid 12,000 tonnes of CO2-eq per year.

Feedback

5* Service from Start to finish. 

Ashley Thomason, Homes England

Thank you for the services provided to the Big Lottery Fund and Active FM, Our client has been very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to use you again or recommend CT furniture.

Glen Kingston, Active FM

We found the service very helpful, its also fits in with environmental policy to recycle and re-use unwanted items. We found the staff and volunteers to be very helpful and the service allowed us to re-organise our office in a timely manner. All items were removed with care. 5* service

Judith Temple, Newcastle CVS

Quick and easy process, quickly arranged and worked around our timescale.

Danielle Jordan, Northumberland County Council

Good Service, Great staff, Always use this organisation

Regus UK