Prison Visiting Transport Service (PVTS)
Minibus services in the West Midlands for the familes and friends of people in prisons
The Prison Visiting Service offers transport for families and friends living in the West Midlands wishing to visit someone in selected local prisons. The regular services currently in operation are:
- HMYOI Brinsford and HMP Featherstone have 3 services per week (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday).
- HMP Hewell has 3 services per week (Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
Any person that wishes to use the service must register and book a seat, seats must also be booked for children. Registration is easy and can be done over the phone. When registering, callers will be advised on the closest pick up points, fares and the Assisted Prison Visiting Scheme. (Eligible users of the Assisted Prison Visting Scheme can claim back the costs of their fares)
All passengers are required to cancel any seat that will no longer be needed, even a child seat. This seat will then be offered to another user.
With special thanks to our funder Centro and a very big thank you to all staff and supporters of the project.
- S.H.A.R.P — 01743 245 365
- Prisoners Families Helpline — 0808 808 2003
- Assisted Prison Visiting Unit — 0845 300 1423