CT Passenger Services
Our passenger transport services:
- Offer mobility, access and choice for individuals.
- Support voluntary and community sector organisations.
- Aim to transform the quality of public services.
Minibus hire for voluntary and community groups.
This core service provides "group travel" for voluntary and community groups needing transport for their service users and members. The charity's fleet consists of 100 (10-16 seat) wheelchair accessible and standard minibuses. We can provide a driver for you or we can train your own driver to our standards. Before booking a bus your group needs to affiliate to the Charity.
Dial-a-Ride and Demand Responsive Transport (DRT)
In many areas we are developing services for individuals to get to healthy activities, go shopping, go to work or attend educational courses. We even take families to visit people in prisons.
We are always keen to develop new services and would be pleased to work with you to develop funding and design a service that meets your needs. Contact your nearest branch or our Regional Operations Managers to work out the options.
Contracts and partnerships
Every day we operate up to 60 contracted minibus routes (total value of £1.5m p.a) for Passenger Transport Executives, City & Borough Councils, NHS Trusts, Voluntary Sector and Regeneration Bodies. We provide high quality services and are used to meeting a range of statutory and legal requirements such as safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Examples of some of the things we do, include:
- Home to school transport for Special Educational Needs children.
- Access to day care and therapy for older people.
- Inter-school travel for pupils aged 14-19 to get to alternative Diploma, GCSE and A level courses.
- Transport for Pupil Referral Units.
Volunteer car schemes
We have schemes in Dudley and Coventry where volunteers use their own cars to transport people with mobility problems. Volunteers take people to hospital, to medical appointments, shopping etc. Expenses are paid and training is provided.
Public Transport Services
The legal rules governing the services that community transport operators can operate have changed. It's now easier for us to carry the general public and so if your area doesn't have a good bus service talk to us - we may be able to help. We can talk to travel planners to see if a new service can be designed.
To find out how to contact your local branch click below:
- Birmingham, Coventry & Solihull
- Black Country (Dudley, Sandwell & Wolverhampton)
- Greater Manchester (Manchester, Oldham & Salford)
- Newcastle, Gateshead & N Tyneside
The team is led by Ian Mottershead the National Passenger Services Manager contactable at email@example.com