Community Transport Greater Manchester
Passenger Transport Services in Manchester, Oldham, Salford & Tameside
Community Transport Manchester manages a range of passenger transport services across Greater Manchester. With a mixed fleet of 20 accessible and standard minibuses, located at convenient depots in Manchester, Salford and Oldham, now available for community use, we are ideally placed to meet your transport needs. If you would like to discuss your transport requirements or need a minibus, contact our central bookings team email@example.com or telephone 0845 077 2246.
Including Special Educational Contracts, Social Service Contracts, Health Service Contracts and a Sainsbury’s shopping service.
In partnership with Stockport Community Transport, during the Spring of 2009 we secured a 6 month contract with Tameside Primary Care Trust to provide transport for renal patients.
Community and voluntary groups can hire our buses and can use either our drivers/volunteers or their own driver. As we are committed to providing safe transport, all our drivers are trained to the nationally recognised MiDAS standard. Please contact our booking team manchester@
communitytransport.org or telephone 0845 077 2246 for details of current rates.
We operate one Local Link demand responsive services, providing transport for individuals in North Manchester, in partnership with Manchester CC and GMATL (Ring & Ride). For more information on Local Link call 0871 200 22 33 or visit the TFGM website: www.tfgm.com
Thanks to funding from Oldham MBC we run two important services for people with mobility difficulties in Oldham:
- Promobility is Oldham's "shopmobility" service, based at Tommyfield Market in the heart of the town centre; we have a range of powered scooters and wheelchairs to give people independent mobility when shopping in Oldham town centre.
- Dial-a-Ride is a minibus-based service catering for vital regular journeys across the Borough for people with complex mobility needs - particularly people who use wheelchairs.
Membership for each service is just £6 per year or join both for just £9 per year.
If you or someone you know needs one of these services, give our Oldham office a ring on one of the numbers on the right or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTM works in partnership with many other organisations including:
- Stockport Community Transport, with whom we provide transport for renal patients in Tameside.
- Transport for Greater Manchester.
- Other Community Transport operators - we are a member of Greater Manchester CT Operators' Forum.
- GMATL (Ring & Ride) with whom we jointly operate a Demand Responsive Transport service in North Manchester.
- Sainsbury’s - we provide a shopping service.
We deliver MIDAS, minibus driver training, and other transport-related training to community groups and statutorybodies in Greater Manchester. This is co-ordinated throughout the Charity by our National training team, based in Birmingham and locally within Greater Manchester by our Regional Training Manager, Stuart Needham. For further details, see our training webpage or contact Stuart Needham on 07912 388 218 or email@example.com.
Community Transport Manchester
Office 22 Block D,
Hooper Street Depot,
Tel: 0845 077 2246
Hours of operation:
Our team consists of:
David Barratt - Operations Manager
Kevin Kennedy - Operations Co-ordinator